Thursday, April 26, 2012

W is for Word Clouds


If you've never heard of word clouds before, let me tell you what they are.

A word cloud assesses your most used words in a certain piece of writing and groups them in attractive patterns, like the one above.

I use a site called Wordle. Wordle is free, easy to use, and you can enter anything from a piece of writing to a blog feed. I entered my blog feed into Wordle and it came up with the above picture.

Writing is the most used word on my blog right now (go figure!). Like comes in second, or maybe book, with vision in a close third.

I'm still puzzling over stars. When did I mention stars? Oh wait, that would be the Goodreads reviews.

The only downside to Wordle is that to get the picture off the site you have to take a screenshot. If you don't know how to do that, there's an easy tutorial here.

It's a cool site, and a neat idea. Go check it out!

Have you ever used Wordle, or any other word-cloud-producing site or program?
Let me know by commenting!

4 comments:

  1. Wordle is one of the best and most effective tools I've discovered! I probably use it a little too much lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love looking at word clouds. I'll have to check out that site! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wordle is such a fun site. Great work with the Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was so cool! Thanks for sharing that site!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...